Monday, January 25, 2010

Madhur excited after "Fashion" win at National Awards

Soon after the National Awards were announced and his film Fashion fetched Priyanka Chopra and Kangna Ranaut an award each for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress respectively , Madhur Bhandarkar thanked the Almighty. After going through the round of congratulations and dozens of Q&A sessions with media, he instinctively decided to visit Ajmer Sharif Dargah. He planned the travel with his close friends and associates for Sunday, 24th January, and offered a traditional and holy 'chaddar' at the dargah.

Says Madhur Bhandarkar, "It is with God's grace that I am having a successful run, both personally and professionally. With Fashion getting two National Awards, I couldn't thank God enough. I, then and there, decided to come to this serene place and offer my thanks to the one who has given all this success. I also prayed for all my fans, my audience and of course whole team of Fashion."

Meanwhile, awards for Priyanka and Kangna have only added to the ever increasing tally of National Awards that Madhur Bhandarkar films have gathered right from the days of Chandni Bar. So far, the filmmaker has an astonishing 11 National Awards attached to his films with majority of his films gaining recognition at the highest level.

Commenting on this major achievement, Madhur says, "I am very glad that my work is yet again appreciated. I believe National Award is the Oscar of India and there is no bigger achievement than this. I thank my fans, my audience, my technicians and all the critics, who give me the support to come up better than before every time." Also adding on his kind of cinema, Madhur says- "My movies are not explosive, maybe they just hold up a mirror to society. My movies are not judgmental, I just show what happens in our society, sometimes there could be a solution and sometimes there may be none. Life goes on."

No comments:

Post a Comment