Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm Too Fat To Wear A Bikini: Zarine Khan

Zarine Khan’s resemblance to Katrina Kaif ends at her face only. For at her body, Zarine is far from the shapely Kaif gal. Looking chubby in the fetching gowns she dons in her debut film Veer, Zarine says she’s just not ready yet to slip into a bikini because she considers herself “fat”.

“What I am sure about though is that I would never be able to wear a bikini. That's because I am constantly thinking that I am fat, I am fat, I am fat. Till the time this voice reverberates inside my head, I will always be apprehensive,” Zarine is quoted as saying by a news agency.

For those who don’t know, Zarine comes from a family with no Bollywood connections. She originally wanted to be a doctor but the financial constraints of her family compelled her to start working in the modelling industry at a young age. And Zarine has no hesitation in admitting that she was once a roly-poly fatso.

“In fact, during my school and college days, I used to weigh as much as 100 kilos.... It was only after I started doing modelling that my weight went down by 40-45 kilos from an original 100,” Zarine said.

Much to her relief, Zarine wasn’t asked to lose weight for her role as a princess in ‘Veer’ because the character needed to look a bit chubby. So she binged on chocolates to her heart’s content.

“Why just chocolates? I also got to eat other junk stuff which I had to earlier sacrifice,” she revealed.

But now that Zarine is eyeing a regular career in Bollywood, the gal is aware that she will have to lose weight and slim down. She’s already started doing so.

“I want to play all kinds of roles and get into the kind of attire that a Hindi film heroine is required to wear. However, before that I will have to get rid of all the excess weight that I currently have on me,” Zarine said.

She’s yet to sign her second film.

No comments:

Post a Comment