Monday, January 25, 2010

Kangna, Farhan, Arjun, Madhur on their winning at National Awards

Kangna Ranaut's parents burst into tears when they heard their daughter had won the National award for best supporting actress in Fashion at the 56th National Awards announced on Saturday.

Said Kangna on Saturday, "There's a mini-celebration in my house, though my parents were crying when they heard about it. At 23, I seem to have cracked the highest cultural award for the country. What more can I do? I should just pack up and go back to my home in Himachal now with my parents."

Kangna was also very happy for her co-star Priyanka Chopra who is the USA. "I messaged her to say how happy I was for both of us."

Equally euphoric was the mood at Arjun Rampal's home. "I didn't know about me winning the National award for Rock On until the executive producer of my new under-production film Stepmom called and told me to put on the television. Winning a National Award is a dream come true. It's also scary because now I've to go further up the scale of excellence. Everything I do will be compared with Rock On."

Farhan Akhtar the leading man and producer of Rock On which won the National Award for Best Hindi Film was amazed at how far the film had come. "I had now put Rock On completely at the back of my mind; what with all the hectic promotion I'm doing for my new film Karthik Calling Karthik, pre-production to my sequel of Don and my sister Zoya's next film. Suddenly the National Award reminded me of how far Rock On had come. I'm very proud of my director Abhishek Kapoor and my co-star Arjun Rampal. Incidentally, debut films are lucky for me. I made my directorial debut with Dil Chahta Hai and my acting debut in Rock On."

Madhur Bhandarkar who personally didn't win any National Award was very happy for his two actresses in Fashion. "I'm really happy for Priyanka Chopra and Kangna Ranaut. Altogether this makes 11 National Awards for my cinema."

No comments:

Post a Comment