Monday, January 25, 2010

Aamir Khan and A.Rahman to receive Padma Bhushan

It's the height of award season with Bollywood actors being showered with recognition from all the fronts, the latest being the actors Aamir Khan and Saif Ali Khan.

Following the National Awards that were recently announced, Bollywood Hungama has now learnt that Bollywood's 'Mr. Perfectionist' Aamir Khan has been awarded the Padma Bhushan. The actor will be awarded with the same on the 60th Republic Day celebration for his outstanding contribution to Hindi cinema.

Speaking about the win Aamir says, "I am so happy to receive this unique honour. The first thing that comes to my mind is my mother's smiling face. Indeed this has been a good day for me. First my film Peepli Live gets a superb response here at the Sundance Film Festival, and then I receive this wonderful news of receiving the Padma Bhushan. I only wish I was back home right now. I would like to thank God for these happy moments, and all my fans and well wishers for their love, support and good wishes." Besides Aamir, music maestros A. R. Rahman and Ilaiyaraja have also been awarded with the Padma Bhushan.

If that wasn't enough, the ageless diva Rekha, chotte nawab Saif Ali Khan and celebrated sound engineer Resul Pokutty have been awarded the Padma Shree for their significant contribution to cinema.

Also, yesteryear actress Zohra Sehgal will be honoured with the Padma Vibhushan.

The awards will be presented to the winners on Republic Day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment