Thursday, January 14, 2010

Farah Khan makes her acting debut

After her success in choreography, direction and anchoring, Farah Khan is now all set to make her acting debut in Producer J D Majethia's KHICHDI - EBLS. The movie is directed by Aatish Kapadia of 'Khichdi' fame.

Farah confirmed the news, "I am doing a comic cameo in KHICHDI-EBLS. When JD approached me for this role, I immediately accepted it as I play myself in the movie. I essay the character of a stern and serious director. It was great fun and I thoroughly enjoyed shooting for the film as I was served with good Gujarati food on the sets."

Majethia, who himself is essaying a vital role, is thrilled about Farah's comic cameo. "I have known Farah for a long time but I wasn't sure if she would agree for the role. But she surprised me. She was always present on the days when I required her for the shoot and also sincerely followed everything that was instructed to her by our director, Aatish Kapadia."

JD explains Farah's appearance in the film; "Farah's sequence is very humorous. She is approached to make a film for the express purpose of annoying someone.


Farah agrees to make the film on the condition that she won't be given credit."

The movie is produced by J D Majethia's Hats off Productions Pvt. Ltd. and written and directed by Aatish Kapadia. It stars Supriya Pathak, Anang Desai, Rajiv Mehta, Nimisha Vakharia, Girish Shahdev, Kesar Majethia, and Markand Soni. The film also marks the debut of Kirti Kulhari and Jamnadas Majethia (JD) and has Satish Shah, Deven Bhojani and Paresh Ganatra in a special appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment