Friday, December 18, 2009

My Name Is Khan Is Not A Terrorist Film


With the unveiling of the first trailer of the film on Wednesday, Shahrukh Khan and Karan Johar have got everyone talking about My Name Is Khan, due for release on February 12 next year.

At the unveiling event at JW Marriot Hotel, SRK told reporters: “'My Name is Khan' is the nicest love story I have ever worked in. It is the physical and emotional journey, that the two characters Rizwan and Mandira go through to find love. The story is about hope, love and positivity.”

The film has SRK playing a Muslim character named Rizwan who suffers from Asperger’s syndrome. Kajol plays a single mother Mandira living in San Francisco.

“My Name is Khan has nothing to do with terrorism. It is not a terrorism-based plot at all. It is a humanitarian tale about love and sacrifice,” Karan clarified at the event.

In the movie, Rizwan is detained by authorities at Los Angeles International Airport after his disability is mistaken for 'suspicious' behaviour.

According to SRK, the movie marks Karan’s coming of age as a director and storyteller.

“I have worked with Karan in his first film and has been with him all through his journey. I think My Name Is Khan is his ultimate evolution…In this film, the way Karan has touched upon the scenes and sequences, it is very different from his all previous films,” SRK said.

Karan added that MNIK is about triumph of the human spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment